a virtual panel with expert voices in grassroots organizing
Tuesday, April 13 @ 5 – 6:30pm | Register
Across our beloved city, Detroiters are leveraging an ecosystem of organizing tactics to uproot sources of harm, and nurture new and more equitable systems of care. Join us in exploring some of the ways our communities are cultivating the resources, relationships, and skills to shape the future.
This event will bring together community organizers who are current grant partners with the Transforming Power Fund in a discussion about strategies, victories, and challenges to promote systemic change here in Detroit.
The panel discussion will feature the following TPF partners…
- Jamie Junior, Program Facilitator Warriors on Wheels of Metro Detroit
- Michelle Martinez, Executive Director, Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition
- Lilianna Angel Reyes, Board Member, Trans Sistas of Color Project
- Tepfirah Rushdan, Co-Chair, Black to the Land Coalition
- John Sloan III, Director of Operations & Administration, Detroit Safety Team
- Maureen Taylor, Executive Director, Michigan Welfare Rights Coalition