About this Policy
This website is operated by the Transforming Power Fund, a sponsored project of Allied Media Projects.
The Transforming Power Fund is committed to protecting and respecting personal privacy. Our intention is to collect as little information as possible from our applicants, stakeholders, and supporters; however, there is a minimum amount of information that we need to have to ensure our funding process works, is transparent, and democratic.
If you have any questions about the policy or Transforming Power Funds use of personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we collect and why we collect it
‘Personal data’ is defined as information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (examples might include a person’s name, age, address, date of birth, gender, and contact details). Transforming Power Fund will never sell, trade or rent your personal information to others, and would only share personal data with authorized third parties where we are required to do so by law or for regulatory or statutory purposes.
We collect the following personal data:
- Your name, email address, and telephone number.
- Your name, address, telephone number, bank details; so that we can effectively process your donations.
- Your donation history: we collect this information so that we can more effectively understand our donors.
- We retain a name, email address, phone number, and location of you or your group/organization. All of this information is essential for us and is the minimum amount of information that we need in order to run our funding cycles and ensure that grants are administered.
- We retain any information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to email updates, newsletters and blogs; which includes your name, email address, and sometimes your telephone number.
Some information is also collected automatically from anyone who visits our site: this includes what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, and other actions taken within our site. We may combine this information with your personal information and use the combined information in accordance with this privacy statement. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, the date and time you access the site and the website from which you linked to one of our sites. We do not combine this standard information with other personal information.
Some other kinds of information we collect:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Data we gather on social media (including, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter);
- Feedback from you about our website or TPF generally; and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
If you object to the collection and use of your data as described here, we may be unable to keep you involved or updated about Transforming Power Fund.
The United States is the named territory, where the processing of personal data takes place.
How we use your data
Our general day-to-day work; which includes:
- sending you general (non-marketing) communications;
- sending you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- administering our website and for internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis or research; and
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you in relation to Transforming Power Fund.
- We contact applicants via email and telephone to update them about their funding applications.
- Selected applicants will be notified of award and will be contacted for further information to administer paying out grants.
- We contact applicants to notify them of their status, provide feedback, and request feedback on the application process.
Fundraising/Campaigning and “Direct Marketing”
Our fundraising and campaigning activities are very important to us so that we can keep supporting the radical grassroots groups that our members value, and that are making real lasting change in Detroit, Hamtramack, and Highland Park.
We use a range of activities and channels to ensure that we have a wide range of members involved and that we get the donations we need to keep the Transforming Power Fund going. This includes our website, face-to-face fundraising, SMS/text campaigns, emails, and phone calls.
We will ensure that there is an explicit opt-in at the start of our relationship and that you will be able to opt-out at any time.
Third-party communications services:
We may use a third-party email and data services, like MailChimp, Submittable, and Hubspot, to manage our list of subscribers and email communications to you. MailChimp, Submittable, and Hubspot will act as data-processors on behalf of Transforming Power Fund.
MailChimp is a US company and stores your data in the US. MalChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up for our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way.
As a subscriber to our newsletter, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
As a data processor on behalf of Transforming Power Fund, MailChimp will use your information to send you email alerts if you request them. You can find out more about how MailChimp collects and stores your information.
Our basis for processing personal data
When we use your personal information, we will always consider if it is fair and balanced to do so and if it is within your reasonable expectations. We will balance your rights and our legitimate interests to ensure that we use your personal information in ways that are not unduly intrusive or unfair.
Our legitimate interests include:
- Good Governance: including delivery of our charitable purposes, statutory and financial reporting and other regulatory compliance purposes, engaging and involving our members in the democratic governance of the Transforming Power Fund
- Administration and operational management: including responding to inquiries, providing information, and events management, and most importantly keeping our membership informed and involved in the Transforming Power Fund
- Fundraising and Campaigning: including administering campaigns and donations, sending thank you communications, analysis, targeting and segmentation to develop communication strategies, and maintaining communication to ensure the financial security of Transforming Power Fund, so that we can continue to support grassroots organizing and transformative systems change in Detroit.
Disclosure of your data
We will not share, sell or rent any of your personal data to any third party unless we are required to do so by law, for example, to law enforcement or regulatory bodies where this is required under the relevant legislation. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third-Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors, and other associated organizations (e.g., hosting website, web agency, etc.) for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g., to send you mailings or check web
Security of your data
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures and precautions to protect your data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your data. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot 100% guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
This website may contain links to and from the websites of groups or organizations that have been funded by Transforming Power Fund or involved with TPF in other non-commercial ways. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.