Request for Proposals: Transition Consultant (Download the RFP)
Transforming Power Fund (TPF) is seeking a contractual (1099), temporary position to support in the transition of TPF’s Executive Director. The Transition Consultant will evaluate TPF and its programs and recommend a new organizational structure to the Board of Directors. This consultant will help continue the work of the Executive Director while managing the search for a new Director; this consultant will also learn the tasks of the Executive Director and lead the onboarding process for the new Executive Director to ensure a smooth transition.
This consulting role is expected to take approximately 20 hours per week.
Scope of Work
The Transition Consultant will be a contractor with a scope of work that includes the following:
- Conduct an evaluation / assessment of the organization’s work and programs to date
- Develop recommendations for future iterations of TPF’s programs
- Develop recommendations for a future leadership structure (Co-Executive Directors, a single Executive Director, or other model)
- Develop job descriptions for new hire(s)
- Lead or engage a third party firm to lead the work of searching for candidates, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding
- Support and coordinate with TPF staff and contractors
- Report to the TPF Board of Directors
This is a temporary, contractual position with an estimated start date of May 1st, 2021. The Transition Project is expected to take 6-9 months. The application deadline is April 20, 2021 at 5:00pm.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- At least three years’ experience in a senior leadership role or as an organizational development consultant.
- Experience facilitating executive-level hiring processes.
- Experience conducting organizational and programmatic assessments / evaluation
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with transition and succession planning
- Comfort with horizontal / collaborative decision-making
- Deep knowledge of social justice issues and demonstrated pursuit of racial equity in organizational development.
- Familiarity with the community organizing ecosystem of Detroit
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following items by April 20, 2021 at 5:00PM to HR@transformingpowerfund.org:
1) Resume with at least two professional references.
2) Cover Letter detailing:
- How you would approach the scope of work
- Relevant experiences that demonstrate how you meet the desired qualifications
3) Estimated cost and timeline of services.